What’s New in Cloud Computing: January 1-12.
It’s a new year for cloud computing and already things are getting busy. Microsoft drama and new trends popping up right left and center. Let’s take a look.
- January 2, Amazon brings their cloud to China and what’s the best way to minimize cloud risks?
- January 3, Forrester backs on-premise for 2014, private cloud loses popularity and how do you cut cloud carbon emissions?
- January 5, cloud computing to be used in Japanese schools.
- January 6, InfoWorld discusses how Microsoft has become thoroughly ahead in the cloud computing game and banks still love cloud computing.
- January 7, poor countries are struggling in cloud adoption, Xinjiang to open for business and increased use of cloud computing in schools causes concerns.
- January 8, Business2Community talks 2014 cloud predictions, Windows 8.1 pushes cloud computing to the forefront, InfoWorld compares Microsoft 365 and Google Apps, CloudTimes discusses how the NSA will impact the cloud market in 2014 and “The Internet of Things” could be the next big cloud market.
- January 9, the CES in Vegas is creating quite a few talking points, Playstation Now brings Sony closer to the cloud and why is Hadoop heading for the cloud?
- January 10, co-founder of Cloudreach talks cloud computing and “The Internet of Things”, Dell and Google partner up and cloud computing gives German SAP a boost.