What’s New in Cloud Computing: December 2-15.
It’s been a busy fortnight with lots of end of the year news to keep us excited as we move towards the holiday season. While there’s not been a lot of drama, there have been some interesting developments and discussions. Let’s take a look:
- December 3, cloud computing continues to replace hardware and software and is it more difficult for developing nations to reap the benefits of cloud computing?
- December 4, cloud and big data to make up a large portion of IT spending and cloud computing to be brought into the official IT portfolio next year.
- December 5, CIOs stick with the cloud despite NSA.
- December 7, Forbes considers the best and worst cloud stocks.
- December 8, the Huffington Post discusses cloud computing in primary and secondary schools and lawyers consider the risks of savings from the cloud.
- December 9, Amazon named “best cloud computing service provider“.
- December 12, Cloud Tweaks predicts continued growth in the cloud, Microsoft generates a network of Azure providers and Aereo and Cablevision express concern over Aereo Fight.
- December 13, certain school district’s use of the cloud could pose a risk, Five9 SoCoCare wins an award for excellence and Dell teams up with Red Hat.