What’s New in Cloud Computing: October 7-20.
It’s been a wild two weeks with Amazon butting heads with OpenStack and IBM beating Q3 by a whooping $1 billion. Let’s see what else has been happening up in the cloud.
- October 7, Europe considers cloud regulations.
- October 8, OpenStack vs. Amazon could be the greatest battle in cloud computing and will clouds replace GMOs?
- October 11, complex clouds can be run via automation and Wired claims crowdsourcing is the new cloud computing.
- October 13, more competitions forming among larger clouds.
- October 15, Throughputer announces new cloud platform, Xbox Live’s cloud system could change how long games last and does cloud computing change the fifth amendment?
- October 17, MainOne calls cloud computing the future technology.
- October 18, Portugal has the best cloud offering in Europe and IBM surpasses Q3 by a whole $1 billion.
- October 20, AuraPortal to offer IaaS and SaaS services.