What’s New in Cloud Computing: September 9-15.
Plenty of new news this week in cloud computing including some new acquisitions, predictions and analyses–as well as the loss of a major important cloud player to an uncertain future. Let’s take a look:
- September 10, CPUsage raises $925,000 for high performance cloud computing, EdTech discusses what cloud computing means in admissions, a British-Danish collaboration could create an NSA-proof crypto, Bloomberg considers the future of Chinese cloud computing and Marc Benioff States that Steve Jobs helped to create cloud computing.
- September 11, IBM allows SoftLayer to maintain its independence and cloud computing could be taxable in Michigan.
- September 12, Microsoft opens Azure and cloud computing loses Jason Hoffman.
- September 13, NSA scandal could cost cloud computing some big money, Datapipe acquires Newvem, Ingram Micro buys out SoftCom and Jaguar sets its sights on the cloud.
- September 15, expansion of cloud computing in the Gulf becomes more and more likely.