What’s New in Cloud Computing: August 19-25.
Cloud computing news has been quite far-flung this week with the Philippines planning to take banking to the cloud and Rackspace’s competitive streak coming through. Let’s take a look at what else has happened this week:
- August 19, Burton, of the Cloud Industry Forum, discusses who will claim control of the cloud.
- August 20, SKYY proves to have some impressive stock.
- August 21, users stand to benefit from Google’s encryption systems, Rackspace challenges VMware for the hybrid market and cloud computing continues to grow within the charity sector.
- August 22, banks in the Philippines are now allowed to use cloud computing, Cox Business allies itself with ViaWest and what might cloud computing mean for college applications?
- August 23, Golden Gate Computer Society to talk about the cloud and Talkin’ Cloud muse over HP’s possible future within cloud computing.
- August 25, Forbes collects a great list of 12 sites where one can find free cloud services.