What’s New in Cloud Computing: August 10-18.
New IBM contracts, banks moving into cloud territory, the UK’s shortage of cloud experts–it’s been a busy week for cloud computing! Let’s take a look at the most recent headlines.
- August 10, Lavabit closes, marking big changes to come in US cloud computing.
- August 12, many US banks take a look at cloud computing, following the lead of rapidly growing cloud systems like Amazon and Rackspace.
- August 14, the Huffington Post compiles a list of some of the best cloud experts to be found via Twitter and IBM receives its largest US cloud contract, valuing $1 billion.
- August 16, NSE keeps a careful eye on cloud stocks, the NSA’s Prism is unlikely to have a last effect cloud computing and the UK lags behind in cloud innovation due to lack of experts in the field.
- August 17, Computer Technologies, inc. receives an award for business growth.
- August 18, could cloud computing change the future of aerospace and defense?